Wednesday 7 October 2015

ignite presentations- Learner response

1) Create a new blogpost called 'Ignite presentation learner response'

significant- 5

structure- 3
simplicity- 4
rehearsal- 1
altogether= 13
  • Excellent strong opening- engaging and unusual
  • perhaps lack of rehearsal! but comedy... still disappointing
  • pace - real lack of rehearsal and therefore struggling to get into the depth of the presentation
  • section on Blurred Lines starts well but again -  not enough time to develop points
  • on the plus side, there is clearly a lot of research and expertise on this subject- and it could make a great critical investigation.
  • attempts to engage and include audience but not the time to articulate it. A shame- it could have been a good analogy.
  • nice delivery- some good comic timing. but mostly is reference to lack of rehearsal which is disappointing.
  • feminist viewpoint is passionately delivered and is by far the strongest part of the presentation- it gets an audience reaction too. 
  • superb, powerful ending- symbolic act of removing make up.  
  • Q&A- good, confident responses in some depth
2) Type up your feedback in full including the rating for significance, structure, simplicity and rehearsal. You then need to use this feedback to self-assess and write a detailed WWW and EBI for your research and presentation as a whole.

ebi: Manage time correctly so i have more time to make my video more innovative
www: I used original techniques it was enjoyable to watch
I agree with sir, my presentation was not rehearsed enough in terms of timing, I came to know that when I was not able to get into detail and say everything I was prepared to say. However I was really happy with the detail of research I had put into my work over the summer.

3) The final aspect is a paragraph discussing how your presentation will lead into your critical investigation. Some of this may refer to your feedback (a greater focus on media debates, for example) or in rare cases you may want to change the focus of your investigation entirely.

My presentation will lead onto my critical investigation as my presentation research is in quite depth and I can enhance and insert some of it in my critical investigation. Also, through the research into the feminist response to the song, will help the analytical part of my critical investigation. The questions raised on my presentation were whether the objectified females in the video had any contribution to the way they were being presented. Additionally, an interesting question that did arise from my presentation was the 

No comments:

Post a Comment